Moditlo River Lodge is easily accessible both by air and road. Here’s how you make your way to the Moditlo Private Game Reserve.
Moditlo is situated a mere 16km from Eastgate Airport and offers complimentary transfers* between the airport and the Lodge in open game-viewing vehicles. This way you are treated to a game drive even before you’ve unpacked your bags!
- Book a connection flight to Eastgate Airport (Hoedspruit) from O.R. Tambo Internation Airport OR book a direct flight from Cape Town via SA Express. Alternatively, enquire about private charters.
- Confirm your arrival date and time with Moditlo.
- Disembark to find your exclusive ranger escort at your service.
It’s as simple as that!
* Please note that transfers to and from Eastgate Airport are inclusive in our day rate and simply need to be pre-booked. Transfers from other areas can be arranged at an extra cost.
Visitors with a flair for exploration or who simply wish to arrive independently are more than welcome to make their way to Moditlo by road.
GPS Co-ordinates (Main Gate): 24 28’53.90″S 31 01’48.51″E
Take the R40 from Hoedspruit in the direction of Klaserie and Eastgate Airport. Moditlo Private Game Reserve entrance is 16km from Hoedspruit on the right-hand side, (pass the Kapama main gate on the left). Once you enter the reserve, follow the Moditlo River Lodge signage to the Main Lodge.
FROM EASTGATE AIRPORT
Turn right at the airport gate in the direction of Hoedspruit. When you get to the T-junction just past the control gate turn left onto the R40 in the direction of Klaserie. The Moditlo Private Game Reserve main entrance is 10 km from the T-junction on the right-hand side. Once you enter the reserve, follow the Moditlo River Lodge signage to the Main Lodge.
FROM ORPEN GATE
When leaving Kruger National Park, continue in the direction of Hoedspruit. After 40 km you will get to a T-junction, here you turn right in the direction of Phalaborwa/Klaserie. After 1 km turn right onto the R40 in the direction of Phalaborwa/Hoedspruit. The main entrance to Moditlo Private Game Reserve will be to the left-hand side after 5km. Once you enter the reserve, follow the Moditlo River Lodge signage to the Main Lodge.
Subscribe to our newsletter
- The Big Five, namely elephants, rhino (black and white), buffalo, lion and leopard.
- Various species of antelope, including impala, nyala, eland, kudu, grey duiker, steenbok and blue wildebeest.
- Various predator species, including cheetah, wild dog, hyena and crocodile.
- Herbivores like hippos and giraffes.
- Primates like baboons and monkeys.
- Nocturnal species like the small spotted genet, lesser bush baby, thick tall bush baby and porcupine.
- A variety of bird species including the martial eagle, brown snake eagle, southern ground hornbill, yellow fronted tinker bird, and Narina Trogon hornbills, as well as the giant eagle owl, spotted thick knee, fiery-necked nightjar, African Scops owl and spotted eagle owl.